Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Haul out the Holly!

Haul out the holly
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again
Fill up the stocking
I may be rushing things, but deck the halls again now

For we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
Candles in the window
Carols at the spinet

Yes, we need a little Christmas
Right this very minute
It hasn't snowed a single flurry
But Santa, dear, we're in a hurry

So climb down the chimney
Put up the brightest string of lights I've ever seen
Slice up the fruitcake
It's time we hung some tinsel on that evergreen bough

For I've grown a little leaner, grown a little colder
Grown a little sadder, grown a little older
And I need a little angel sitting on my shoulder
I need a little Christmas now...
(We Need a Little Christmas from Mame)


The first few weeks of Advent brought a flurry of happenings and excitement!
I like to get our tree that first week. Steven brought it home on Monday after the 1st Sunday of Advent.

Decorations everywhere!


I think there were at least 8 strands of lights that didn't work.

Finishing touches!

Mary Clare helps Katie Grace put on the star!

Tuesday the 1st was our city Christmas Lighting. 
Bubbles!

Buddies!

Balloons (and Home Alone in the background)


A magician


Holding the magician's dove

Santa!

And since I'm a glutton for punishment I took the kids to the dollar store and Hobby Lobby after piano one afternoon.

Narnia reading at Christmastime.

Tree #2. It's a long story, but the first one was dying after only 2 days!

Dinner guests that Steven knows from work, a young couple from Bolivia and France.

And a garage sale the next morning!

Glad to have friends there to help encourage the kids!

The next morning was the Feast of St. Nicholas! They left their shoes out in hopes that he'd leave some surprises and he didn't disappoint!

The aftermath...

On the afternoon of St. Nick Day we went out to our friends farm.

There were 5 of us couples who've known each other since college.
25 KIDS BETWEEN US (ages 12 and under, and we realized we had at least one child of every age)!

Wednesday the 9th we had tickets for the student matinee of the Houston Ballet Nutcracker!



And Friday night the 11th I hosted the group baby shower for our homeschooling group, honoring 7 of our moms!


I'll stop there and save a little home tour for next!
It's proving to be a very fun Advent season!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs