Thursday, January 17, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real} a little house tour

round button chicken
~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
Every Thursday at Like Mother, Like Daughter


 {pretty and happy}
We finally have some photos and artwork on the walls!  Making progress!  My list is getting shorter...Still looking for backyard and dining furniture, and then I'd like to paint a few rooms.  Master bedroom still needs pictures hung.  Overall, I'm so happy to have a house that doesn't have a huge to-do list.  Oh, but I almost forgot that at top of the list needs to be: HEATER!  Downstairs heat is not working!
We were getting ready for the birthday party...happy kiddos!

We still have to put away most of our Christmas decorations this weekend, but the tree was at least taken out, and replaced by the little altar area.

I love the playroom!

We moved the beds in Ellie's room so that she had more space in the middle of the room.  It's also harder to tell that the mattresses are different heights now :)

Mary Clare really wants to paint her room dark pink.  Not sure about that.  Maybe one wall?  We need to find some hardware to hang the mirror over her dresser.


{funny and real}
Me and the boys in the car during ballet class yesterday.  We didn't make it to our usual park outing and somebody wasn't happy about it (putting it mildly).  They were both in my lap between me and the steering wheel watching YouTube videos on my phone.  Afterwards, I ventured to Luby's Cafeteria with the 3 youngest while Mary Clare and Daddy went to her Livestock Show awards.  Thomas was a maniac, refusing to eat anything but corn-on-the-cob, and yelling wildly about wanting to use the bathroom.

Real homeschooling with little ones around...one shooting her with a Nerf gun and the other wiping her words off with his hand.  She's learning some good coping skills here!

7 comments:

Rhonda said...

your home is very pretty and that play room must be wonderful for you and for your children

Lena said...

your home looks very welcoming. i love the pops of red and your play room is ideal. i drooled over your book shelf in the play room. darling!

you home altar is divine.

well done - ALL FOR!

Neen said...

Looks fantastic!

Andrea said...

Your house is so cheerful and beautiful! I'm so so happy for you Blair! :-)

Unknown said...

Your house is beautiful, Blair!! Congrats!

Where did you get the painting which hangs to the left of the fireplace? I need something like that in on my blue wall, but it needs to be about 3-4 feet wide, rather than tall.

Colleen said...

I love seeing your home! It's really beautiful and I have to agree with you, that playroom is fantastic!

I noticed Ellie taking pictures of you as you were taking pictures of the living room. Cute!

Leila said...

Awesome house tour! Very welcoming. Thanks for joining!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs