Monday, April 09, 2012

Easter Weekend 2012

We had a great weekend with friends and family in Houston!
On Good Friday afternoon and evening we made 2 quick visits to see some friends.  I didn't take any photos, though, except for this one of some beautiful painted wooden eggs at the K house.  This looks like a project I'd enjoy!

We stayed both Friday and Saturday nights with Steven's sister and had a full fun day with his family down in Houston on Saturday.  They were having a big family garage sale, so it was a great time to visit with everyone.  We came home with some "new" toys and the kids enjoyed working at the garage sale and making a lemonade stand.

After the garage sale was over I slipped away for a few Easter errands and treated myself to LaMadeleine.  Yum.  I've missed this place!

I got back to find everyone having big fun playing with water balloons in Aunt Jill's front yard.  Water balloons and the water hose kept the boys entertained for hours!

Mr. GQ.  And everyone loved his haircut, many trying to convince me that Thomas needs a similar one.

Holy Saturday evening we met up with all the family at a park for pizza, flag football, tennis, volleyball, and fun times at the playground!

The four younger girl cousins, ages 10, 9, almost-7, and 9.

Thomas loved this seesaw!

Uncle Thomas once again led the flag football game.


The best of our many attempts to get a photo of all the cousins with Grampatti and BopBop!  It's nearly impossible to get a decent picture with 8 boys ages 1-8.  We are going to have to do some serious bribing to get good photos at the beach this summer.

Youngest to oldest.  I love how Caleb appears to be upset about Ellie putting her arm on him (I'd asked them to all hug).

I'm so glad it worked out for us to be able to spend the whole day Saturday with the family.  It was a great way to spend Easter weekend!  Easter morning pics to come...

1 comment:

Jill said...

Love the cousin pictures! All of the cousins on my side are getting together this summer. We, too, have eight little boys aged 8 and under. We have my Aslynn, the eight boys, and then a little baby girl due very soon to my sister to make a 'boy sandwich.'
We will be attempting a photo shoot and I can only hope to do as well as you did. At least you got them all in the photo! If nobody escapes my picture, I'm calling it a success. :)

Glad you had a nice Easter weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs