Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Easter 2011

These past few weeks/months have been a whirlwind. I can't remember when I last had a reflective thought to write on this blog, so it'll just have to be a photo journal until my mind starts working again, which I hope is before my kids are out of the house! I think things are only going to get more chaotic as Thomas is nearly mobile and already grabbing every small item off the floor. Yikes!

But really, it has been a holy and blessed Lent and Easter this year! Even though Ellie's birthday fell right before Easter, we were still able to keep it a reflective weekend and spent some precious time in church on Good Friday and Easter Sunday.

Easter Sunday started off with baskets and a small egg hunt around the living room. The Easter Bunny learned his lesson last year when Timber ate all the eggs in the backyard! I think the bunny did a little better simplifying this year, but still has some work to do.



Swimsuits and goggles were a needed item for the girls who would start swim team the next day. Pencils and water bottles should also serve them well.


Boys got sippy cups, t-shirt/romper, books, and sand toys! Peeps were a new item this year, but were not a favorite.


An early morning wake-up...I think it was at 6:30!



We attended Mass downtown at our parish with my parents, but didn't get any good family photos. And these were my only snaps of the girls in their dresses!



And Tommy in his cute airplane outfit! Oops, Daddy says I can't call boys' clothing "outfits."


We have pictures of me as a baby/child, and all my kids in these chairs of my parents'.


The day wouldn't be complete without a silly PaPa photo!


and my Aunt Kathy joined in the fun this year.


It was a low-key day and we spent time outside in the evening at home. I loved how the girls were dancing around the backyard singing about how "He is Risen from the Dead!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs