Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Photo Drama

About a year ago, Mary Clare started daydreaming about her First Holy Communion. She has watched many friends take part in this sacrament, and has been anxiously awaiting the day for a long time. As Catholics, we believe that the Eucharist (or Holy Communion) is the REAL presence of Jesus Christ...body, blood, soul, and divinity. When he said that "whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life," we believe that literally. So our First Holy Communion is a very special and significant meeting of God made Flesh, coming into our own mortal bodies and allowing us to commune with him in a special way.

But like the other tangible aspects of sacraments like baptism and marriage, there are other fun things to prepare for aside from the divine element...finding a dress, picking the date, and planning a party to celebrate! One thing Mary Clare dreamed about last year was having her picture taken in her dress in a field of bluebonnets. When my photographer friend Lerin mentioned scheduling bluebonnet sessions, I jumped at the chance to schedule one for Mary Clare with the mini-session I'd won on her website earlier this year.

After a lot of drama with the dress, scheduling, and driving across town, we arrived at the park for the session. It was quite a walk to the field of bluebonnets, and by the time we made it there, our little princess was hot, sweaty, with the dress scratching her, and nearly wanting to run away and not have her picture taken! Somehow I wrangled the veil onto her head (falling off the back), and sent her off, explaining that Lerin had gone to a lot of trouble to be there that day. I'm anxious to see how the photos turned out, and grateful to Lerin and to my parents for all they did that day.

As soon as her photos were done, she ripped off her veil and tights, and started running away!



I had hoped that after the photo session, I could get a decent picture of all 4 kids with my own camera in the bluebonnets. But since the field was a long walk, and I had one child refusing any further picture-taking, I had to settle for some simple park pictures with 3 of my kiddos.

And NeNe too!





One of these days, I'll get a decent shot of all 4 kids...and maybe even one with Mommy AND Daddy too! Drama and all, it was a beautiful day and I'm sure Lerin got some beautiful pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs