Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bookstore


The girls had a bookstore set up in the living room one day. It must have been after the housekeeper was there because our floor is rarely that clean!

The kids all got their summer reading rewards last week; a bag with a bunch of food gift certificates and even some free Astros tickets! Hope we'll continue on this reading streak. I just need to get my nerve up to try the library again. We have such a hard time behaving at the library and then finding our books, I'm afraid I don't go as often as I'd like. But at least once a month we're usually at the library or bookstore so I guess that's good for now.

I read the other day about a study showing that there is a correlation between the number of books in a home and the educational success of a child. We've definitely got a lot of books! I love our used book store in the front of the library, amazing prices for amazing books! I've also found great deals at thrift stores. One day I'll have to count our children's book collection; I imagine it's over 500, and nearly all bought used :)


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs