Monday, January 18, 2010

Ice Skating and the Zoo

Yep, that's right. I took the girls ice skating yesterday and then in a spur-of-the-moment decision, took all the kids to the zoo today. It's free on Martin Luther King Day. I'm one worn out mama, but did get a few shots when my camera battery was cooperating!

Mary Clare got a ticket to the local seasonal ice rink for her birthday. She was so excited to skate for the first time!


I was worried that Ellie would get scared of falling and chicken out, but she had a really good time too! I'm so glad they had those "walker" things to rent. Otherwise I would've been dragging them around the whole time!


The only clear picture of the day :-)


This morning we were off to the zoo and arrived before 10am! Wow!


They love the meerkats!


Giraffe in the background


Baby elephant in the indoor facility. One of the bigger elephants was having a little medical exam.


Sleeping bear


Lion


Leopard


Prairie Dog


Owls


Porcupine


Warthog


Zebras and antelope


Orangutan


The kids and flamingos


A fun few days! Now back to the books tomorrow, starting O week!
Sending my congratulations to Veronica and Enrique, who welcomed Santiago Jose, our newest godson today. And Happy 2nd Birthday to our goddaughter Cecilia! Two godchildren with the same birthday...should make it easy to remember!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you're all out enjoying the nice weather! And, I just also have to say that I LOVE your stroller!!! Is that a Phil & Teds?!

ViolinMama said...

I've been reading ALL your entries I was behind on and wanted to say you always make me smile and inspired. I'm aiming to homeschool next fall, and the Alphabet Path is a great idea for a two year old (is it? Maybe?)while I homeschool the 6 year old and I love all your pics.

I've been praying for all the great news on Stevie, and your winter with so much going on, and some heart ache, and you inspire me with your grace. I hope 2010 is a year of renewal for you!!
Many blessings!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs