Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Along the Alphabet Path--Letters H, I, and J

So as you may have noticed, our homeschooling plans have been overshadowed the past month or two by the deaths, funerals, sicknesses, and trips. I'm still trying to get my feet back on the ground, but it's been pretty hard. I hear many moms talk about the homeschooling "blues" coming in February or so. But as Autumn arrives and the fun summer days become a distant memory to me, I feel like crawling back into bed, or vegging at the computer, instead of planning fun and exciting homeschool days with the girls.

So all of us are in need of a pick-me-up, which hopefully the season of Advent will bring! I've got the tree and garland up, and we've gotten out all our Christmas books. I'm coordinating a Christmas Showcase of performances by our homeschool group next week, which I'm really excited about! I'd love to get our Jesse Tree ornaments completed, and do some other fun Advent activities, but I'm going to try to keep it simple and the girls really do want to continue along the Alphabet Path. So we're doing K this week and I hope to make some fun plans for L week next week! Here's a snippet of the past few meager Alphabet Path activities of the past few weeks...

H is for Herb Twopence Fairy and St. Helen




Fun at the kitchen table starting H week...Letter formation



We'd fallen behind on making our Model Magic letters, but got caught up this week.


Honeybees! (we read lots of library books and did a few neat worksheets, but didn't get many photos)


and Halloween fun!


All Hallow's Eve and All Saints' Day!



~~~

I is for the Iris Fairy and St. Ignatius

Filling I's with Ink stamps


Insect activities from the free Insect lap book I downloaded earlier this year


And Laura Ingalls Wilder!

We read all of the My First Little House books pictured, and the girls are listening to Farmer Boy read by Daddy at bedtime.

~~~
J is for St. Joseph and the Jasmine Fairy

We made Jello, and that was about the extent of our letter activities that week. I put some books about Jewels on hold at the library but they didn't arrive in time. You can tell with the coloring the past few weeks, that Mary Clare is losing steam too...hopefully things will improve for both of us in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs