Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Belated Anniversary Present

At the end of September, a sweet couple I know celebrated 35 years of marriage! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

A friend had told me about a name plaque she'd found on etsy, so I decided to try my go at making one for this anniversary gift. I bought the wood with scroll designs from Wal-Mart, and enlisted the girls' help in painting the iridescent white background. Then I printed out the words in a font I liked and sketched in pencil before painting.

I thought it turned out fairly well, and hope to make more fun painted gifts in the future. Painting is one of those things that usually relaxes me, and a finished project always brings a little sense of accomplishment.


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents...right??? Just assuming it isn't your aunt and uncle :-) Wow, my parents have now been married 37 years! You did a great job and made it look much easier than those paint projects really are.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs