Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting Excited

about the new homeschool year! I am still pondering a few curriculum choices for religion and phonics, but have decided that for our overall theme this year we're going to use the Alphabet Path from Serendipity.

I read the Shower of Roses blog today and oh how absolutely adorable! Can't you see my girls doing this together? I think I'm going to follow her lead, tweak it a bit for my own family and the books we already have, but what a great start! It's kind of like a Five in a Row program, but with the alphabet as our guide.

I've been reminded by two of my closest friends over the past week that I need to SLOW down. My expectations are set high, after working at a Catholic school where the children were pushed to be a grade ahead in most subjects.

So now it's time to go back, review, and have fun. My goal for this year is for the girls to ENJOY learning. This week is planning week; I'm hoping to make rough plans lasting until Christmas, but we'll see how things go.

We'll be praying for all our friends starting their new school year, please pray for us too!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm excited for you, Blair. I look forward to hearing what you'll be doing this year.

Jill said...

I always look forward to hearing what all of the homeschooling families are up to. It fascinates me.
We are in school mode as well. The kids start tomorrow.

So, the picture of your not-yet-two-year-old on the potty? Is he already making strides? :)
My newly minted two-year-old is not at all there. We are always closer to the three end here. ;)

Blair said...

Catherine and Jill--I hope it's a wonderful school year for your little ones!

We got out the potty for other reasons (a beach trip and a visitor who likes the small potties), and now the girls think it's so much fun for him to sit on it! I usually put him on it before bath or something, but we definitely don't do big potty training till more like 2 1/2 or 3yrs.

Beverly said...

Hi!!! We are back and have so much to catch up on with you guys! In the meantime, I checked your blog and fell in love with this Alphabet Path adventure you and the girls are embarking on. We just might have to copy some of this!!! CUTE stuff.

I too am trying to use this week to narrow down all the great ideas I have seen or have in my head and try to come up with a realistic plan for the year.

Hang on tight -- it's going to be a fun and wild ride!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs