Thursday, March 19, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday



~~1~~
Deep breath. I'm writing this on Thursday evening because my husband has taken ALL THREE CHILDREN to Wal-Mart by himself. I wish I had a video or photo account of this, but couldn't convince him. They are exchanging the bird feeder I bought yesterday; apparently I don't know how to choose appropriate bird feeders, so the Animal Scientist is taking care of it while I get some peace and quiet!

~~2~~
While I'm giving "props" to my husband, I'll note that last week I mentioned the idea (given to me by my friend Bev) of having a little herb planter outside the kitchen window. So the next day, Steven went out and bought me one! And the herbs are sprouting!


~~3~~
I bought the wooden word "JOY" (seen above) in the markdown section at HEB a few weeks ago. It was white with glitter and a hanging snowflake, very Christmas-y. I decided to rip off the snowflake and let the girls go wild painting it, so I can think of JOY every time I'm at the kitchen sink!

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. Jn 15:11

~~4~~
Mary Clare knee update: she is off the brace and walking without crutches! She starts physical therapy next week and will hopefully be back to normal activities by May, in time for swim team and the ballet recital!

~~5~~
Speaking of swim team, today the girls went SWIMMING at a friend's house! They didn't last long in the frigid water, but were very happy when they heated up the jacuzzi! I felt like I had a little slice of summer vacation, sitting in our friend's little outdoor oasis while the girls played and the baby slept in his stroller. Ahhhh.



Hopefully they'll be just as excited to get in the pool for swim team in one month!

~~6~~
As I'm catching up on blogs, I'm feeling a bit of St. Patrick's Day guilt. We didn't do anything special for St. Patty's day this year, just spent the day doing a big house and yard clean-up. It's been a stressful last week, so I have high hopes that I'll plan ahead for some more fun next year. I did buy some of those yummy iced sugar cookies decorated with shamrocks yesterday for our dinner guest (Steven's boss), and we made some white chocolate-covered pretzels with green sprinkles for the baby shower we attended today. But next year, I will do some activities with rainbows, shamrocks, pots of gold, and leprechauns...I will!

~~7~~
My family is back from Wal-Mart (yes, they survived!). They bought a hanging bird feeder for the backyard and made a hanging dish bird feeder for the front porch! Here are the sweet matching girls on the front porch and the little bird who likes to hang out up under the porch. We're hoping he'll stick around! Have a fabulous Friday, all!



5 comments:

candyspirit said...

I just love all the updates with photos!
We are praying for Mary Clare and her complete recovery. Healing is on the way for her. Addison took a bath in our oval tub and loved it, too! Allison seems to have the same hair washing method as you do - water fall straignt over the top of the head! Ouch!

Love,
Ne Ne

Christi said...

So is your husband brave or just crazy? I try to avoid Wal-mart with kids (if i can). How nice that you got a break though.

I found you through conversation diary.

Kaycee said...

Just stopping by from Conversion Diary.

Who says Joy is a Christmas thing? Your letters look cute on your window sill and will look even cuter when your herbs grow.

Lerin said...

LOVE the "Joy" idea! :)

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog via Conversion Diary. I love it! I look forward to reading more!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs