Saturday, March 29, 2008

Tomorrow and Zoo

Tomorrow morning is the baptism of our sweet Goddaughter, Cecilia! I'm so excited and honored to have my first godchild, and I have been in my artsy mode creating a special gift for her! The girls have been making things too ;) Please offer a little prayer for the new Christian!

FIVE hours at the zoo makes one tired mommy! When we finally got back in the car the gas light came on, right in a dangerous area near downtown. I was tempted to just jump on the HOV lane and hope I made it, but hubby admonished me over the phone for even thinking of that. So I drove out of downtown and found a nice gas station. But then I made a bad decision not to take the baby out to nurse hoping he'd calm down once we got on the highway. WRONG. The poor guy was screaming for 20 minutes (probably the longest he's ever cried), and I was trying to put various pacifiers in his mouth to somehow calm him down. Didn't work and there was nowhere for me to stop on that HOV lane. FINALLY I let him suck on my finger and he fell asleep. Poor baby. The girls were crashed though. Now I'm ready to crash...

zoo photos:

me and the kids


with the boys!


finding nemo


newest zoo baby


hangin on a hippo


bald eagle


owls


sleeping porcupine


sleeping stevie

7 comments:

candyspirit said...

Hi Sissy!
I love all the zoo photos - looks like fun! Cute baby Giraffe! You are adventurous!
love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Fun pics! Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad to hear you made it home in one piece!

Karie

Lillian said...

How fun!! Your outing inspired ours! Thanks!

Stephanie said...

I don't think that porcupine has moved since we were there 3 weeks ago, lol. Looks like a fun day! I'm sure the girls loved it!

kelly said...

Oh, he looks just like his dad, doesn't he???

Jill said...

Looks like a great day. I always marvel at what your kids are wearing- it really IS spring there!

Julia said...

Looks like so much fun! We're trying to plan a trip before baby comes (and before it gets too hot). How was the weather? What time of day did you guys go? So glad it was such a fun family trip!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs