Sunday, October 21, 2007

More Friday Fun!

The baby shower was a wonderful evening with other homeschooling moms from our group. Here are 7 of the 8 mamas honored last night!


Me with my basket of goodies!


And the gifts I made...
While walking around the hospital on Thursday in between blood draws, I saw these cute diaper wreaths at the hospital gift store. Many of the moms in the L&D area had them on their doors and they just seemed like such a fun thing to make for way less than the $24 they cost at the gift store (although those ones had many more little gifts...bibs and rattles and other cute things hanging from the wreath). I had to do all but one with yellow ribbon and "It's a Girl" on one side and "It's a Boy" on the other since most of the moms are waiting to find out the gender. I thought they came out pretty cute, and thought I'd share the idea and how to make them...

Started with those thick plastic Hefty Interlocking plates, cut out the center and started tying 10 diapers around the edge.


Tied string in an X across the wreath so the little stuffed duck could be tied on. I did make a little ribbon "hanger" but I think the X portion would work best as the hanger.


One finished product


All of them!

8 comments:

Em said...

Oh my goodness you are so creative!! What a great gift! Love it!

Anonymous said...

How fun!!! I love those diaper wreaths. Congratulations again and God bless you.

Colleen said...

What an awesome idea!

Amy Parris said...

Thanks for the idea. Very cute and impressive that you did all of those yourself!

B-Mama said...

Blair, these are the most adorable gifts! Thanks for the tips and I'm totally going to make them for our next baby shower... Too cute! Way to go!!

Lillian said...

All of you mommas look soooo lovely!!

Can't wait for Peter to arrive!

Shelly said...

That is so cool! Nice job. thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

What a great gift idea!! I love keeping up with you and your girls by reading your blog. We miss you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs