Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The festivities begin!

The costumes are finished (well, at least the All Saints ones; we still can't find Ellie's butterfly wings for tonight...St. Anthony!!!). The kids are ready for candy. And we started off the Halloween/All Saints' Day festivities with a trip to a local nursing home this morning. It was a wonderful experience...

We didn't get off to the best start. Ellie refusing to take a picture, hold baby Jesus, or put her veil on...


Mary Clare refusing to put on a costume at all...


But alas, Mommy wins and the girls participate! I did have to carry Baby Jesus the whole time though. And I thought that would be her favorite part of the costume! Meet Saint Queen Elizabeth of Hungary and the Virgin Mary


All the saints


These residents cracked me up with those wigs on!


I'll have to say that my proudest moment was with Ellie this morning. She has had a hard time since we first painted and filled the bags last week, wanting to carry them around for herself and keep them. She sweetly gave one of them away to a resident early in the visit, but then started crying. We gave all the kids another bag to hand out and I didn't ask Ellie until she was the very last child holding a bag. I saw a sweet old lady in her room clutching a giant stuffed puppy dog. I instructed Ellie to give the lady the bag and the lady got a huge grin on her face, shaking her hands and body and making a gleeful noise, even though she couldn't speak. It was really touching and I was very proud of Ellie, knowing how much she wanted to keep a bag. My baby is getting so big!

3 comments:

Julia said...

I think we're in for a tough time getting Dominic to wear his costume at the nursing home tonight!!! I'm so glad it went well for you guys, the kids are precious!!!

veronica said...

the girls look too cute!

Kristen Laurence said...

They're beautiful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs