Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fall is Here!

This was the coolest morning in a long while here in Texas (still warm enough for the girls to wear flip-flops to my OB appt though!). I've been really excited approaching the holiday seasons now having our first house! We can decorate our home and yard like never before :) I'm looking forward to getting our pumpkins on our ranch field trip next week, and really can't wait to put up Christmas lights in a couple months! Yesterday I spent all of $3 at Wal-Mart getting some fall flowers which I added to our mantle arrangement (removing the blue flowers)...


and put together this wreath with my new little scarecrow...

Tomorrow I'm teaching the Nature/Fine Arts club where we'll be collecting leaves, doing some crafts, and talking about fall. Hopefully I'll get some good pictures!

We found a new thrift store the other day which had a ton of dress-up clothes and accessories for Halloween. We bought some butterfly wings (for Ellie, who says she wants to be a butterfly for All Saints'!), angel wings and halo, a crown (for Mary Clare's princes/St. Elizabeth of Hungary costumes), and a wedding veil! MC couldn't wait to put on her wedding dress-up clothes with her new veil! Oh, and she also picked out a $1 stem of white flowers at Wal-Mart for her bouquet when she plays wedding :)


It's beginning to feel a lot like Autumn!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Beautiful crafts, what a lovely job you guys did! I love this promise of Fall in the air...here's hoping it keeps getting cooler and cooler! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs