Friday, July 06, 2007

15 weeks, Happy Heartbeat

I had myself all worked up again about my appointment this morning that there would be no heartbeat, etc etc. I brought the girls with me and they got to hear that sweet sound!

Only one month until we find out if the girls will have a baby sister or brother! I can't wait! But I'm already stressed about finding something wrong on the ultrasound. This pregnancy has been really difficult emotionally after miscarrying just a couple weeks before conceiving this baby. I hope I will feel more at peace as the weeks go by. The virtue of the year is TRUST. I'm not learning very well, though.

We were able to attend daily mass with my mom after my appointment. The girls did actually fairly well in the chapel! And now I'm supposed to be packing up for our little getaway to the beach with some friends. I'll be without internet all weekend...wow. A good chance to find some peace and quiet and enjoy some good family (and friend) time.

It's been raining in Texas for 40 days. I think it's time we get some sunshine, God ;)

See you on Monday...Well, probably Sunday night! Back to the suitcases...

13 comments:

Em said...

Oh my, a whole entire weekend without internet... now that's roughing it!!!! I almost died going for 5 days without.... isn't that sad??!
Enjoy your weekend - sounds like fun! We will continue to keep you and you precious baby in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

You and your baby continue to be in my prayers. I jusy had my 20 week ultrasound and I did not sleep at all the night before. I was very nervous about it, but praise God, the baby seems very healthy. Congratulations again!

Celeste Creates said...

What wonderful new, Blair. Have trust and faith and hope and, most of all, peace!

From your rain soaked Houston blogging buddy.

Celeste Creates said...

news, not new

B-Mama said...

Blair, so happy you and the girls heard the heartbeat. What a sweet sound! And you're totally normal to fear the upcoming ultrasound--you wouldn't be the good, caring mother you are if you didn't! Just offer things up day by day. I'll do the same for you... God bless, B

Lillian said...

Enjoy your weekend Blair! And know that you little one is in my prayers.

Aren't you following the "B" plan?? 3 girls, 1 boy, 2 girls, 1 boy?? ;-)

So far we seem to be following it!! We'll see! Have fun!!

Alice Gunther said...

This is such fabulous, joyful news!!!

Alice Gunther said...

This is such fabulous, joyful news!!!

Jill said...

Great news. I've just started frequenting your blog after being 'gone' and didn't know you were pregnant. So, congratulations on that, first of all! And I am happy to hear that the heartbeat is going strong. I can totally relate to your fears and worries. Our twins were conceived just a couple of weeks after a miscarriage. I worried a lot thinking my body wasn't ready and healed enough to support a new baby. But, it was ready enough to support two!
Hope you're having a great weekend.

Megan said...

Congratulations on a beautiful heartbeat!! Does Ellie understand what is going on? I think Dean is just starting to catch on, but its still a bit of a fuzzy concept for him.

Blair said...

Thanks, Megan. Ellie talks about "baby in Mommy's tubby, baby in Ellie's tubby, baby in Daddy's tubby"...Mary Clare was a little more aware at her age, but maybe by December she'll understand it better!

Kristen Laurence said...

Wonderful, Blair! God is so good.

Julia said...

Hey Mama Blair! So happy to hear baby's heart is beating strong! May the Lord continue to protect that precious child every day of his/her life! I hope to see you and the girls next week!!!!!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs