Thursday, June 28, 2007

Latin Mass, Coming Soon!

http://www.cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=52051

Looks like July 7th (07/07/07) is the big date for the release of the "motu proprio", which will allow use of the traditional Latin Mass worldwide!

I don't think I've ever been to a "Tridentine" Mass, but I do love the Novus Ordo (Ordinary Mass) said in Latin. I think it's really beautiful, and look forward to attending a Tridentine Mass in the future.

What I hope for most of all is for a unification with the groups in schism/separation with the Roman Catholic Church. I have several friends who are involved in groups such as the Society of St. Pius X, which exists in dispute of many of the teachings of the Second Vatican Council. It truly pains me when I see evidence of our division at our different homeschool events.

So it is truly my prayer that this decree will bring these groups closer to communion with Rome. How exciting!

2 comments:

Lillian said...

WOW!! That would be wonderful. I feel your pain and pray for unity as well.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, totally agree!

~Sarah Gasper~

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs