Friday, October 06, 2006

Tell me, if you know all

1st reading from Mass today, a very good reminder of Who is in charge and why I should trust Him:

Reading 1
Jb 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5

The LORD addressed Job out of the storm and said:

Have you ever in your lifetime commanded the morning
and shown the dawn its place
For taking hold of the ends of the earth,
till the wicked are shaken from its surface?
The earth is changed as is clay by the seal,
and dyed as though it were a garment;
But from the wicked the light is withheld,
and the arm of pride is shattered.

Have you entered into the sources of the sea,
or walked about in the depths of the abyss?
Have the gates of death been shown to you,
or have you seen the gates of darkness?
Have you comprehended the breadth of the earth?
Tell me, if you know all:
Which is the way to the dwelling place of light,
and where is the abode of darkness,
That you may take them to their boundaries
and set them on their homeward paths?
You know, because you were born before them,
and the number of your years is great!

Then Job answered the LORD and said:

Behold, I am of little account; what can I answer you?
I put my hand over my mouth.
Though I have spoken once, I will not do so again;
though twice, I will do so no more.

~~~

I held my baby girl alone together at Mass today, listening to a friend's son do the reading (an example to me of how holiness comes through the family), watching our friends with the 8 children slowly and joyfully arrive into mass (always teaching me to be calm even when running late), and for the first time seeing in person a young newly married husband stricken with cancer and his precious wife (recognizing how precious and short life is)...Reminds me of how much I have to learn...How I really know nothing about life...How God really does work good through the trials of our lives here.

Interviews went well. Now the waiting game and more interviews to come. Trying to trust in Him who knows all and like Job "put my hand over my mouth."

Pictures to come hopefully this weekend. Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in You!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

I hope the interviews prove fruitful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs