Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Simplify

My message today (through spiritual guidance): simplify. How do I do that? I'm not so sure yet, but I'm sure the Lord in his great love will answer me. I know I need to simplify (aka declutter) our home. I know I need to simplify our meals adding more fresh fruits and veggies and simple meats, doing more baking rather than buying snack foods. I know I need to simplify my daily life by staying off the computer, having simple housework goals (today: fold laundry and do dishes), and enjoying ourselves at home more. I know I like to complicate things and keep my days full of outside activities, but like little Saint Therese I need to just take each minute as it comes and offer to God every little joy and sacrifice. Right now I need to go change a dirty diaper with love...may it convert a soul!


Sometimes I forget how something as simple as baking cookies can make for such a beautiful memory and joyful afternoon. Mary Clare and Ellie had so much fun using the cookie cutters, eating the cookie dough, and especially eating their final products! And I was SO happy to finally find a sugar cookie recipe that makes for soft, smooth cookies that aren't too sweet or sugary. Mary Clare was still thanking me today for letting them bake cookies. The simple things...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs